Monday, January 5, 2009

I feel so pampered!

I finally broke down and decided to get my hair trimmed since it's been about five months. A lot of the salons are having specials right now due to the holidays, so while my mom and I were out today, I stopped in to one of them. I'm glad I did, because it was really nice!! So, for less than it costs for a wash, cut and blow dry at home, I got all of that, plus a head massage. It's weird...they don't shampoo your hair in a sink, they do it right at the chair with a water bottle. For about ten minutes, she was massaging my head and shampooing my hair and then took me over to the sink for a rinse. It was very relaxing and she did a great job cutting my hair too.

Afterwards, my mom and I went to our spa appointments for a massage and facial...one of her Christmas gifts for me (and her!). The massage was wonderful and this was the first time I had a facial done. I walked out feeling like my face was glowing and cleaner than its ever been. After our treatments, we even got a "dessert," but I'm not really sure what we were eating. It was good though, so I guess that's what matters.

The day finished up with our pedicures...another gift from my mom!! They even threw in a paraffin wax treatment for our hands. They fill a plastic glove about halfway with wax and then you put your hands in. It stays on for about twenty minutes to harden and afterwards, my hands were super soft! It was a nice day to share with my mom and I'm glad I got to experience a few new things with her. I don't normally get to "pamper" myself, so it was the perfcect gift.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sounds like a great day! I need a hair cut too. Where did you go?