Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fish Spa!

Today, I went with a friend to a MOPS outing at Hausmann Aquarium. The cab driver got a bit lost on the way, since it was in northern Singapore by the farms and more "greenery" than I've seen in several months. This trip was for a Fish Spa!! Garra rufa and Cyprinion macrostomus are two species of fish that nibble on the dead areas of the skin, leaving the healthy skin to grow. The fish literally latch on to your skin and it's extremely ticklish! While I hate my feet, I still wanted to share the experience...

When I finally stopped moving my feet around, it got a little less ticklish and I had tons of fish on my feet and on my legs. It felt like a tiny vibration as they ate away and filled their little bellies with my skin!! This was the room that we were in...I'm glad I was able to go and get to know some if the women from MOPS a bit more and join in some fellowship. We went to eat lunch at Dome in Dempsey Hill afterward, which was delicious.

On another note, i just wanted to share some pictures of Juliana from over the weekend. I'm enjoying the fact that her hair is finally growing out enough to put in tiny ponytails...She also got a couple nightgowns in her last box from my mom and grandmother, so I had to snap a picture. She looks like the little princess that she is...Also in the box was some new play food for her kitchen and here she is feeding daddy a donut...

Her Little Tikes dump truck is not meant for her to drive around, but she doesn't care and tries to sit on it anyway!Playing peak-a-boo...

Here she is wearing the other night gown and trying on a "hat." Lately, anything she can fit on her head lately qualifies as a hat!

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

It was so good to meet you at the spa... we will have to do it again when we get more dead skin on our feet (from all this walking)... hope to meet up again soon... and I am so glad that you have a blog... nice design