Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Momnesia

"Momnesia: The reason you packed ten wipes and no diapers in the diaper bag"

I found this in Parenting, Early Years magazine and thought it was absolutely perfect. How many times do we forget something on the way out the door? Then add a kid into the equation and it seems to happen twice as much. I have bought more than one sippy cup during an afternoon out after forgetting the cup on the kitchen table filled with water. Or diapers...yes, forgot those many times too. Motherhood is an amazing experience filled with lessons, milestones and obstacles. Each day, Juliana challenges me and inspires me. She also makes me lose my mind on a regular basis as well, hense the momnesia!!!

I have recently been asked to contribute to another blog on a weekly basis and I'm looking forward to it. It's called Motherworld and it's about motherhood and culture. It provides another great opportunity to share my experiences as a mom in another culture with others. I am by no means any sort of expert, believe me! But I think every mom and dad has a little knowledge to contribute to the subject of parenting. We all learn as we go and make mistakes along the way that helps us become better parents along the way.

Cheers to motherhood!

Link to Motherworld blog and my thanks to Liz!
http://motherworldblog.blogspot.com/