Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ascending

OK, so we were watching an episode of one of our favorite TV shows (Heroes) and one of the characters said, "The greater the fall, the greater the ascension" and it hit home big time! Jacob and I both looked at each other, knowing exactly what we were thinking.

As things drastically change in our life, I'm constantly left wondering why God does the things that he does. He keeps testing us and giving us obstacles to overcome...apparently, we keep missing the lesson or else it wouldn't keep happening. But then I hear a sentence like this and it fills me with so much hope and motivation. No matter how much happens and how many times we fall, God has big plans for us and we just need to be patient. Everything happens on his clock, not ours.

For most of my friends and family reading this, I think it's pretty clear what I'm referring to when I say all of this, but it can be adapted to any one's life. How many times do things not go our way? How many times do we ask "why?" And how many times do we ignore God's voice telling us to be patient and trust in him? I've always thought that I just couldn't hear God, that he wasn't talking to me, but I was looking in all of the wrong places. He talks to me through the events in my life, the pain and struggles of my past, the obstacles in our path now and hope for the future. So much can happen in a day, never mind a month or year. My hope is that our time here in Singapore provides us with a deeper understanding of ourselves, our faith and our journey. I hope it lasts longer than we plan, but it's out of our hands.

God bless!!

No comments: