Thursday, June 3, 2010

Take it all in!

Life is too short

Life passes too quickly,
And before you can take it all in,
It’s all over, so fast.

I wish I could experience it all,
See the entire world
And all the amazing sites to see.

But God has a different pan for me,
To use my past to help others,
To heal them of their grief.

Will I be able to do it?
Can I make a lasting effect on people?
Will I make a difference?

These are the questions that run through my head,
Because I WILL get better
And then I want to help those suffering like I did.

Life is full of opportunities,
Challenges we all have to face
And beauty that is hard to describe in words.

I have learned that judgments are useless,
Appearances are deceiving
And generally, people acre good deep down.

I hope to raise my daughter with these beliefs,
To be open-minded and explore the world,
To absorb all that God has to offer.

In order for that to happen,
I need to be healthy, happy and strong
As well as content with myself for the person I already am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes life is way too short and i think you can do it you make a difference to me this whole poem is so awesome!