Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin carving

One of the things we had missed about New England while we living in Singapore was the change of seasons. Fall has always been my favorite season, with the foliage, cooler weather, apple picking, apple cider and pumpkins. I especially missed how the holiday season feels more real - there's something about hot and humid weather that takes away from Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Yesterday, we headed up to my mom's for dinner and she had bought two pumpkins with Juliana. Jacob got the task of carving them and Juliana paid attention for all of ten minutes! She did help a little with digging out the seeds though and loved the pumpkins after they were done. Since I haven't found my camera yet, I took these pictures with my phone and they came our bright and blurry, but it's all I've got!

No comments: