Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Update

I know it's been several days since I have written. My mom's visit was wonderful and relaxing. Since this was her third trip out to Singapore, we skipped some of the sights she had already seen. We got to spend a lot of quality time together and also do some new things as well. It went by far too fast and we miss her already, I can't wait for the next visit to the U.S. so that we can see family and friends again.

Last week, Juliana took a bad fall on a cement stair and landed on her chin. She didn't get stitches, but they glued the cut and she didn't seem to be in much pain. She was a very good girl for the doctor and remained still the entire time!!
After Juliana's hospital visit, I had a visit of my own to a new doctor and discussed some of my own health concerns. We are trying a new course of medications for two weeks and then I'll return for a follow up to see what to do next. Of course, I got sick over the weekend and I'm having a hard time fighting it off. Always happens with a trip coming!

So the good news? We are going to Beijing on Saturday for a week!!! We're really excited to be able to visit Beijing, see the Forbidden City and Great Wall, among other things. I picked up our visas today, so we can officially enter China! It's our first big trip since coming out to Singapore, so we're excited and nervous. Juliana has been exhausted the last two weeks, but I showed her pictures of where we were going and she got excited. She called the Great Wall a "Big bridge!" It's going to be an adventure we've been looking forward to for a few weeks now.

Other than that, not much has changed and we're just going through the days. I can't bellieve it's already nearing the end of May...this year has flown by!

No comments: